We're nearly 1/12th of the way through 2016 and here I am, just now getting to publishing my new year's resolutions. As they say, better late than never!
This year I'm very excited to not only grow Goodstitch a lot and grow as a fiber artist, I want to leave a lot of room for experimentation, new techniques and crafts, while also diving deeper. 2015 was a lot of "What is it that I want to do?" and so for 2016 I'm thinking a lot more about, "How can I do what I'm doing better?" I know this year will bring so many surprises and changes, with the Mr. finishing up medical school and finding out where we'll be for the next 4 years for residency, and I'm excited to grow through those changes and also, to leave room for surprises and new desires because of those changes. As far as skills and techniques go, here are some things I would love to accomplish this year:
- Sew 5 pieces by the summertime for my wardrobe. Part of this has to do with skill development, and part of it has to do with making clothes that fit the way that I am comfortable, and embracing my body for however it is!
- Sew a lap quilt. We are a ways a way from thinking about kids, but I'd love to be able to sew and quilt as one of my life-long goals for my children someday. So baby steps! (No pun intended)
- Knit my 2nd sweater. It's hard to believe that it was last summer that I made my first one! I have 2 sweater's quantities of yarn in my stash right now that I'd love to dig into!
- Knit Brandon a sweater. Because once you're married, the boyfriend sweater curse gets lifted, and also because this guy is the greatest and deserves a handknit sweater!
- Knit socks for exercising. Perfect short little projects, exercising motivation through knitting. Hoping this will be a way to trick myself into running more often. :)
- Keep building relationships in my fiber community. One of my biggest blessings in 2015 FOR SURE, and I'm excited to keep on connecting with new makers and getting to know the ladies in my knit group more, building community with people who share my passions near and far.
I'd love to hear about your maker's resolutions, share if you have one that you're really excited about in 2016!